Dr Jennifer Crawley MBChB, BSc., MRCP UK (Derm) is a Consultant Dermatologist. Her NHS post is at University College Hospital London (UCLH). She consults on all general adult dermatology in addition to paediatric dermatology. She undertook specialist training at St Johns’ Institute of Dermatology prior to her taking up her Consultant position. Specialist interests include psoriasis, eczema, acne, rosacea, skin cancer, lumps and bumps and mole checks. She also performs minor surgical excisions, skin biopsies, cryotherapy, steroid injections, removal of cysts and curettage and cautery.
Within her NHS post at University College Hospital she consults with both paediatric and adult patients. Dr Crawley has established a dedicated psoriasis clinic and biologics service, in addition to being the Lead Clinician for the Paediatric Service.
Dr Crawley is extremely interested and heavily involved with teaching. She is the current Educational Lead for both under and post graduate education at the University College Hospital. She thoroughly enjoys clinical teaching and in addition to her role as Education Lead she is a lecturer on an esteemed MRCP course based in London.
Dr Jennifer Crawley sees and treats children and infants across all types of dermatology conditions. Dr Crawley is also able to see and treat adults. Specialist interests include psoriasis, eczema, acne, rosacea, skin cancer, lumps and bumps and mole checks. She also performs minor surgical excisions, skin biopsies, cryotherapy, steroid injections, removal of cysts and curettage and cautery.
Wednesdays 5pm to 7pm
Dr Jennifer Crawley is registered with the GMC and on the specialist register for Dermatology. Dr Crawley is recognised by all major UK insurers and many international insurers.
Dr Jennifer Crawley is a member of the following learned societies:
- BAD British Association of Dermatologists
- IAD Irish Association of Dermatologists
- BSMD British Society for Medical Dermatology
- BSPD British Society of Paediatric Dermatology
Education and Training
Dr Jennifer Crawley trained at The University of Bristol Medical School. She gained a First Class BSc., Honours in Cellular and Molecular Pathology in addition to Batchelor of Medicine and Surgery. Upon completion of her dermatology training she went on to pursue sub-specialist training, within medical dermatology, at St Johns’ Institute of Dermatology London.
Publications and Press
Dr Jennifer Crawley is well published in a wide range of areas including scientific papers, book chapters and both local and regional guidelines, including BAD guidelines for regional use and recent guideline work achieving NICE approval.
An example of her publications include:
- Oxford Handbook of MRCP Part 1 & 2 Textbook. 2017. Oxford University Press.
- Oxford handbook of MRCP PACES. Dermatology Chapter. Oxford University Press 2012.
- MRCP Part 1 Multiple Choice Questions. PASSit. Oxford University Press 2011.
- British Association of Dermatologists’ and British Photodermatology Group Guidelines for the safe and effective use of PUVA therapy 2015. British Journal of Dermatology 2016; 174: 24-55
- Phototherapy Service Guidelines and Standards. British Association of Dermatology. 2016.
- Lymphangiectasia in a six year old child. Paediatric Dermatology. In Press.
- NS398-induced Apoptosis in Colorectal Cancer Cell Lines. Oncogene April 2013; 34: 45-62.
Ten year review of patch testing in the dental population. British Journal Dermatology 2009; 161: 79-80
- Efficacy of Isotretinoin for cutaneous manifestations of Muir Torre Syndrome. British Journal Dermatology 2009; 161: 16-17
- Patch Testing in oral disease. Dermatitis 2009; 21(5): 294-6