As we appreciate many of our patients are concerned about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and not sure if they can still attend our clinic at this time we want to share our response to the virus.
The London Skin and Hair Clinic (including London Real Skin) and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. Our clinic has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal. We are following Public Health England’s Guidance for Primary Care and the NHS Guidance for Independent Healthcare and monitoring the situation as it continues to evolve.
1) Returning travellers or international visitors who wish to attend our clinic
Patients who have returned from the following category 1 countries since 19th February 2020 should not attend our clinic, self-isolate (even if asymptomatic) and contact the 111 service. These countries are:
- Wuhan city and Hubei Province
- Daegu or Cheongdo
- Any Italian town under containment measures
Patients who have returned from the following category 2 countries since February 2020 may attend our clinic, unless they develop symptoms (cough, fever or shortness of breath) whereby they should not attend our clinic, self-isolate and contact the 111 service. These countries are:
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Korea
2) Our staff and patients are reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:
- Always carry tissues and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
3) In the event an unwell patient with a relevant travel history is identified at the clinic we have a process in place to send the patient home, close of room(s) they have been in, and our cleaners are prepared to complete the specialised cleaning of those areas.
We would like to remind our patients that under our CQC registration our clinic practices strict infection control processes including the user of personal protective equipment, specialised disposal of waste and medical waste, and specialised daily cleaning of our clinic including all public areas, consulting rooms and treatment areas.
We will continue to monitor the situation and implement practices which protect our patients and staff while working to ensure services are available to the public as normal.