Consultant Dermatologist Dr Aparna Bhat
MBBS, DDVL(DNB), (MRCP)
Dr Aparna Bhat is a UK trained Dermatologist who has special interest in skin cancer and Cutaneous allergy. Her consultant post is with Queens hospital, Barking Redbridge and Havering University trust, Essex where she treats adults and paediatric patients across range of Dermatologic presentations. She is the skin cancer and education lead.
Dr. Aparna Bhat has more than 15 years of Dermatology expertise as she is dual trained. She completed her Dermatology post graduate training from Rajiv Gandhi institute in Southern India securing first rank in the university examinations. She relocated to England and completed higher speciality training in Dermatology in North East England.
Why See Dr Aparna Bhat
Dr Bhat has wide experience with skin problems across all skin types. She is very passionate about providing safe and evidence-based quality treatment to her patients. She understands the psychosocial impact of Dermatologic disease and tailors’ treatments according to patient’s needs. She has excellent communication skills and professionalism. She also has background in aesthetic medicine having worked for the Marico industries (pioneers in cosmetic procedures and aesthetics in India) for 4 years.
Dr Aparna Bhat is a practising adult and paediatric Dermatologist in the NHS and private. She sees patients with moles, suspected skin cancers and general dermatologic conditions like eczema, psoriasis, acne, hair loss and vulval dermatosis.
She has experience in cutaneous allergy, having led patch testing for 10 years and is able to do comprehensive work up and management for suspected skin allergies.
She is an experienced Dermatosurgeon providing procedures like excision of moles and benign skin lesions like seborrheic warts, skin tags, cryotherapy, and radio cautery.
Dr Bhat has keen interest in medical education and is actively engaged in the Dermatology training of medical students, registrars, and GPs. She has organised various teaching sessions for improving the Dermatology expertise of the local General Practitioners.
At a Glance
- Paediatric and adult dermatology
- Experienced surgeon in biopsies and skin cancer surgery
- Specialises in skin cancer and skin allergies
- Providers safe and evidence based quality treatment
Thursdays: 10am to 2pm
Dr Aparna Bhat is not recognised by private insurers. Patients will need to pay our self-pay prices if they wish to see Dr Bhat and will be unable to claim back the consultation, diagnostic test or treatment costs from their insurer.
Dr Aparna Bhat is registered with the GMC and on the specialist register for Dermatology. She is member of the British association of Dermatologists, British society for cutaneous allergy, British medical Association and Indian Association of Dermatologists.
Education and Training
Dr Aparna Bhat trained at the University of Mysore, India where she gained her Bachelor of Medicine and surgery degree. She then completed her post graduate diploma in Dermatology from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. She was a practising Consultant Dermatologist in the prestigious St. Johns Institute of Medical sciences Bangalore and Kaya skin clinic for four years before relocating to Durham, United Kingdom. She underwent Dermatology speciality training in the Northern East England.
Dr Aparna Bhat has been recognised by a number of awards including:
- First rank in diploma in Dermatology venereology and leprosy (D.D.V.L) examinations conducted by Rajiv Gandhi university of health sciences (RGUHS) Bangalore – April 2004
- Award for best paper – Bhat A. Milkers nodule with erythema multiforme. An unusual presentation. 67th Annual Conference of the Karnataka – Tamilnadu branch of IADVL. 10th & 11th May 2003
- Quiz Prize: in second Dermoscopy course: 2013/Quiz prize in therapeutics in Essential dermatology course: 2015
Dr Aparna Bhat Publications Include:
Dr Aparna Bhat is well published and some examples include the following publications:
- 47th National Conference of Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists & Leprologists (DERMACON INTERNATIONAL 2019) at Bengaluru/India -Jan 17Eposter: Diphencyprone treatment in Alopecia areata: 10yr experience
- British association of dermatologists 96th Annual meeting Birmingham: July 5-7
Poster: Squamous cell carcinoma developing shortly after treatment with Vismodegib a patient with multiple Basal cell carcinomas