Dr Padma Mohandas MBBS MRCP MRCGP MSc is a UK trained Dermatologist show sees and treats adults and children for all skin conditions. Dr Padma Mohandas has a specialist interest in the psychological and mental health effects of skin conditions and Inflammatory skin conditions (such as Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis and Hidradenitis). Her Consultant NHS post is at Bart’s Health London (Whipps Cross site) where she treats adults and paediatric patients with a range of general dermatological diseases and where she is also part of the team running clinical trials for new emerging biological therapies for the skin. At the Royal London she is part of the Psychodermatology Multi Disciplinary Team service dealing with patients with complex needs relating to their skin.
Why see Dermatologist Dr Padma Mohanadas?
Dr Mohandas is a caring and compassionate professional, she is able to invest the time required to help you understand your skin problems and ensure you understand what is going on. She has excellent communication skills and will always endeavour to explain what is happening in a clear and concise manner. Having worked in a deprived area of London she is able to relate to individuals from all walks of life and has a genuine interest in her patients welfare, weaving in her expertise in dealing with the psychological and mental health aspects of skin disease delivering a holistic approach to care.
Dr Mohandas is also involved in research and clinical trials so will be able to guide you through the complexities of new emerging treatments for inflammatory skin disease.
Dr Mohandas is polite, courteous, attentive and maintains her professionalism at all times.
Areas of Specialisation
Dr Padma Mohandas is a Medical Dermatologist and will see adult patients and children with all general dermatological conditions including eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, acne, urticaria, hair loss and scalp conditions, genital dermatoses, mole checks and skin cancer. Dr Padma Mohandas is also a Paediatric Dermatologist and sees and treats infants and children suffering from a range of skin conditions including eczema (mild, moderate and severe), common skin lesions such as warts, molluscums and birthmarks, vascular lesions such as haemangiomas, child and adolescent acne and psoriasis.
Mondays 10am to 4:00pm
Book an appointment with Dr Padma Mohandas here.
Dr Padma Mohandas is registered with the GMC and on the specialist register for Dermatology. She is a member of the following professional bodies British Association of Dermatologists, Royal Society of Medicine, Royal College of Physicians and the Medical Defence Union. Dr Padma Mohandas is recognised by all major UK private health insurersexcept for AXAPPP, AXAInternational, BUPA and BUPA International, Henner, Allianz or WPA. Patients who are insured with AXAPPP, AXAInternational, BUPA or BUPA International, Henner, Allianz or WPA will need to pay our self-pay prices if they wish to see Dr Mohandas and will be unable to claim back the consultation, diagnostic test or treatment costs from their insurer.
Education and Training
Dr Padma Mohandas trained at The University of Mysore (now Rajiv Gandhi University) India, where she gained her Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. Dr Mohandas moved to London for postgraduate training at St Thomas’s NHS Foundation trust and St George’s Hospital London. She then trained as a GP then went on to study for a post graduate degree and gained a distinction in her MSc in Clinical Dermatology at St Johns Institute London. Her higher speciality training in Dermatology was in the Midlands at the University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust and Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Prizes won during 2017-
- British Association of Dermatologists, Travel Bursary (2018) WCD Milan 2019
- Clinical Research Network East Midlands Research Awards 2017-18- Nominee
- BMJ Dermatology team of the year 2018 –Nottingham Children’s Hospital – Runners up
- Royal Society of Medicine Trainee Prize -Best Presentation October (2017)
- BMJ Dermatology team of the year 2017 -Barts and the Royal London, Psychodermatology- Winners
- ESDAP Congress 2017 Best Poster Prize – “How Dermatologists are affected when treating patients with delusional infestation”
Publications and Press
Dr Padma Mohandas is well published and some examples include the following publications:
- Bowens disease: 10min consultation Mohandas P, Lowndes M, Varma S. British Medical Journal. BMJ 2020; 368 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m813
- Dermatitis artefacta in childhood and adolescence: a spectrum of disease. Mohandas P, Ravenscroft JC, Bewley A.G Ital Dermatol Venereol. 2018 Aug;153(4):525-534
- Orbital infantile haemangioma: radiological features and treatment – case series and literature review. Albanese G, Mohandas P, Wells L, Ravenscroft J, Srinivasan J, Thomas S, Taylor T, Tambe K.Orbit. 2018 Jul 24:1-5. doi: 10.1080/01676830.2018.1501397
- Morgellons disease: experiences of an integrated multidisciplinary dermatology team to achieve positive outcomes. Mohandas P, Bewley A, Taylor R.J Dermatology Treat. 2018 Mar;29(2):208-213
- Recurrent chilblains in a child with neurological impairment. Mohandas P, Bowker R, Ravenscroft J, Bleiker Clin Exp Dermatol. 2018 Jun;43(4):500-502.
- An evaluation of intensity of delusional belief in patients with delusional infestation pre- and post-treatment in a specialist psychodermatology centre. Gkini MA, Nogueira J, Tanev T, Mohandas P, Taylor R, Bewley A.J Dermatolog Treat. 2018 Oct 1:1-13.