Registered Paediatric Dietitian Ms Ana-Kristina Skrapac specialises in child and adolescent nutrition. She works closely with the Paediatric Dermatologists at The London Skin and Hair Clinic to provide an integrated service particularly for children suffering from allergies and eczema. Ana-Kristina has a broad experiential base spanning 16 years with her sub- specialities including Infant Nutrition, Paediatric Allergy, Paediatric Gastroenterology, Child and Adolescent Eating Problems and Eating Disorders, Childhood Overweight & Obesity.
Ana-Kristina’s experience dates back to her early work at Princess Margaret Hospital in Australia and she has continued to work in the field over the last 10 years in London with her work with the teams at St Thomas Hospital and Kings College Hospital and with her long-standing NHS post at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital. Ana-Kristina has further specialised in Gastrointestinal Food Allergies working with the research team at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Your Dermatologist may have referred your child for Dietitian assessment and advice. Self-referrals are also accepted and in this case Ana-Kristina will liaise with your GP and other professionals involved as necessary.
- Common reasons for referral include:
- Atopic Eczema with suspected Food allergy,
- Gastrointestinal problems such as reflux and vomiting or diarrhoea or constipation,
- Feeding difficulties such as a refusal to eat, selective eating, fussy eater behaviours,
- Growth problems such as slow weight gain or faltering weight/height centiles,
- General healthy eating advice or weight control advice.
What to expect from your consultation:
During your consultation Ana-Kristina will perform a comprehensive Dietary and Growth assessment. Parents are asked to bring to the appointment a copy of the 3-Day Food record and your child’s Red Health Book for growth history.
Ana-Kristina is currently on personal leave and not available for appointments until after June 2018.
Professional membership include:
- British Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology & Nutrition (BSPGHAN)
- British Society for Allergy & Clinical Immunology (BSACI)
- European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EACCI)
- BDA Food Allergy & Intolerance Group
- The Health Professionals Council
- The British Dietetic Association
Ana-Kristina is a Media Spokesperson for the BDA
Education and Training
Ana-Kristina’s qualifications include:
- BSc. Nutrition & Food Science 2000
- Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics at Curtin University, Australia, 2001
Publications and Press
BMeyer R, De Koker C, Dziubak R, Godwin H, Dominguez Ortega G, Chebar Lozinsky A, Skrapac AK, Gholmie Y, Reeve K, Shah N. The impact of the elimination diet on growth and nutrient intake in children with food protein induced gastrointestinal allergies. Clin Transl Allergy (2016) 6:25. DOI 10.1186/s13601-016-0115-x
Meyer R., De Koker C., Dziubak R., Venter C., Dominguez-Ortega G., Cutts R., Yerlett N., Skrapak AK., Fox A.T. & Shah N. (2013) Malnutrition in children with food allergies in the UK. J Hum Nutr Diet. doi:10.1111/jhn.12149
Abstract Submission: Allied Health Professional. ESPGHAN 2014. PLAY PICNIC: AN EFFECTIVE TOOL FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF FOOD AVERSION IN LONG-TERM TUBE FEED DEPENDENT CHILDREN. Louw A, Miserotti D, Bernadout D, Skrapac AK, Soondrum K.
Lactose Intolerance in Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy, NIHR Portfolio Study, GOSH, 2012- 2014. Role: Lead researcher for multi-centre trial
Ana-Kristina regularly presents on nutrition issues and food allergy. She has featured in many print, on- line and broadcast media – for a list of her appearances and activity, please visit here.